Don’t ruin a salad with dressings and unhealthy toppings like bacon.
Greens: spinach, kale, arugula, endives, lettuce, cucumber.
Proteins: grilled chicken, fish, tuna, tofu.
Fats: avocado, nuts
This is hugely important! Too many people ruin their salads by drenching them in sauces, dressings, and oils. Try to flavor your salad with other vegetables, proteins, or small portions of cheese! I add feta cheese, green olives, black eyed peas, or asparagus for a little flavor.
Your selection of:
- Daikon Radish
- Raw Nut spread, Hummus, or Guacamole
This looks absolutely delicious.
Yep. Thats healthy eating for you
I’m sick of all of the people who make fun of my healthy lifestyle and eating choices. As many vegans/vegetarians will know, people can be very critical when it comes to diet choices, often feeling threatened and criticising every aspect. If its not “Ew your food is gross” or “What do you eat? GRASS”
First of all, it is my choice what I choose to eat. And no, with meals like this everyday I don’t “crave a cheeseburger”, nor am I ‘starving’ or ‘depriving’ myself. I simply choose to nourish my body with delicious whole foods, and you know what? It’s great! My skin is glowing, I’m alive and full of energy and I feel absolutely wonderful!
So go ahead- picking faults with my eating habits, calling me ‘obsessive’ and snickering while I enjoy my salad. But don’t think for a moment that you can bring me down with your negative, judgemental comments.
Alll the noms!
10 FOODS TO MAKE YOU FEEL GREAT.
- BLUEBERRIES The ultimate immune-boosting food. Rich in anti-oxidants.
- BROCCOLI Guards against cancer and is rich in a wide range of anti-oxidants, vitamins C and E, folate and iron.
- CARROTS High in carotenes, known to boost the immune system.
- LETTUCE AND SALAD GREENS Tangy varieties, such as chicory and endive, stimulate the liver, making them great detoxifiers. Most lettuces contain valuable amounts of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
- BEETROOT Bursting with minerals and has anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, immune-boosting and detoxifying properties.
- BRAZIL NUTS You only need to eat two or three a day to benefit from their great combination of immune-boosting nutrients: vitamin E, selenium and B vitamins.
- GRAPEFRUIT Has immune-boosting, antiseptic, wound-healing and anti-bacterial properties.
- GARLIC Strengthens the heart and blood, and has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Also thought to help lower blood pressure. A key ingredient is allicin, which has cancer-fighting potential.
- CRANBERRIES Best known for helping to prevent and treat urinary tract infections, especially cystitis, in women. They have both anti-fungal and antiviral properties.
- GINGER Stimulates the immune system and circulation.