Zain’s Chocolate Cake Protein Bars
I would like to welcome all of my new friends that have recently started to follow my blog. For those of you who don’t know, I have been nicknamed the girl who can turn any dirty recipe clean. This is my recipe for Chocolate Cake Protein Bars and this one is dedicated to you. I hope that this recipe makes your life a little sweeter and your journey to health a little easier.
1 Cup Oats (ground)
2 Scoops Chocolate OR Vanilla Whey (I use Interactive Iso Whey)
4 Egg Whites
50 Drops Liquid Stevia OR 160g Dates (pitted) OR 1/3 Cup Honey
½ tsp Baking Soda
8oz Pumpkin Puree
4 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs OR Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips (optional)
24g Walnuts (optional)
Pinch Himalayan Crystal Salt
2oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: oats, protein, baking soda, salt, cacao and nibs or chips and walnuts.
3. In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients: egg whites, sweetener OR dates, pumpkin puree, almond milk, and water
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
5. Transfer mixture into a sprayed glass baking dish and spread to make it even.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes and allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
7. Slice into 8 large or 16 small bars and enjoy warm, cool or crumbled on top of Zain’s Vanilla Almond Ice Cream.
***If you want to get really naughty, melt 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil + 3 Tbsp Cacao + 1/4 Cup sweetener of your choice. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and spread over top chocolate cake bars nom nom nom***