I was feeling like crap yesterday, so I decided to make something! And boy, was it a good idea. Since I’m off work(I work at Starbucks) I missed having the Banana Chocolate Chip Cake there, but those go for over 400 calories! So I made my own! It tasted so good. Both my mom and youngest brother approve!
- 2 bananas
- 1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites)
- 1/4 cup non-fat or 2% milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 6 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- PAM spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix banana*, egg, and milk together. Add sugar. Mix.
*I peeled and froze my bananas, then let them thaw. Made it easier to mix.
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in seperate bold.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Add 5 tbsp chocolate chips and stir.
- Spray cake or muffin pan with PAM.
- Pour batter into cake pan. If using muffin pan, pour about 3/4s full.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake on middle rack for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- Eat up and enjoy the heck out of it!
*My little brother had his with peanut butter, which also tastes really good!
Makes 12 pieces/muffins
Calories: 110, Fat: 3.2g, Carb: 18.6g, Protein: 2.6g
And of course, ingredients can be substituted for even more healthier choices. (ex. Stevia instead of sugar)